ASX200 up 12 points to 6282……..+0.2%
- ABC (-6.2%); has warned of slowing construction activity and increased competition as it trimmed its profit expectations for the full year.
- CTX (-0.8%);reported a 43% fall in 1Q earnings on the back of shrinkage in margins on selling petrol/diesel and a slump in refinery earnings.
- GNC (-3.9%);has blamed drought and international trade tensions after revealing a 1H loss of $59m just three days after Long Term Asset Partners abandoned a $3.3bn takeover tilt.
- ORI (+6.5%); delivered a 35% jump in 1H profit on solid mining demand — well ahead of expectations.
- QAN (+2.2%); reported a 2.3% jump in 3Q revenue. Said the outlook for domestic business is mixed but is positive for for its international business.
- QBE (+0.08%); AGM has just started. I havnt seen any comments as yet……
…..and Ladbrokes have said they took a bet last night from a punter who put $1m on Labor to win the election @ $1.24. Labor now in to $1.18 and Coalition out to $4.75.
Validus Equities Limited